I’ve recently updated my website and decided to take away the online store for a while. That doesn’t mean I don’t do custom invitations anymore. I have a ton of newwedding stuff coming up, stay tuned on here to see them and/or follow me on Facebook where I will be posting them! Hope you guys like them.
Parks and Recreation is one of my favourite shows. I always love the dialogue and witty humor. This is coming a season late, but I just felt inspired to create this Facebook cover, based on Tom and Donna’s Treat Yoself day! The text effect is from here. Feel free to treat yoself to this
It’s been over a year since I have released a free vector. I was inspired by my favourite season of them all, Christmas. Christmas is in the air! I plan on getting my tree up soon (baby’s first Christmas as well!), and oh the christmas songs!!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…..hot drinks and choco. Enjoy this new vector! Download here.
Trying to live up to the Baker name, I decided to try making some good ol’ chocolate chip cookies. I did what any other person illiterate on baking would do, Googled a recipe.
I came across, Absolutely the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies by NICOLEFAUSTHUNT on All Recipes. It called for Mexican vanilla, but I used Dominican Vanilla instead. They were quite delish!
Just came back from a vacation we booked through Luxury Link. We stayed at Now Larimar in the Dominican Republic (DR). Luxury Link is a site that sells hotel pacakes of the “luxury” kind, 5 star plus. I’d rate Now Larimar as a 4. We had a great fun filled week. Dominicans are lovely people who LOVE kids, and the island is beautiful.
Now Larimar, falls under AM Resorts, I found was lacking because of the following,
- Luxury link stated in their ad that the package we purchased entitled us to “complimentary wireless in suite internet”. The same thing was stated in their “preferred club” package booklet. When I asked the “preferred club” concierge, we were told apparently its only for the ocean view suites as opposed to all “preferred club”. This difference was not outlined in the booklet. False advertising? I think so! After we showed them the print out of ‘luxury link’ that clearly stated wireless internet was complimentary, they gave it to us.
- This next point is pretty big NO NO in imo. Before we even had a chance to go to our rooms, we were cornered by a guy who spent a good 20 mins or so convincing us he wasnt trying to sell us anything, just wanted us to go to a “seminar” with free breakfast (but we’re in an all inclusive, isnt everything free???). Anyways, turned out to be a time share thing, from AM Resorts. Over the week we were asked by other people “not selling” anything, if we had just arrived and had been to the meeting. Not cool. Although we did get a free gift basket for spending almost two hours listening to them, while our 7 month old screamed her head off to be changed out of her poopie diaper.
- Our remote to our lovely flat screen tv didn’t work. And some of the channels were fuzzy.
- The walls were thin, you could hear things in the next room.
- We asked for a crib for our 7 month old, which we promptly got. The she fell through it. We got another more sturdier one, after I called.
- I decided to try the room service one night. An hour and a half and 5 phone calls later, it arrived. Bottom of the burger burnt to a crisp.
Despite these flaws, we had a good time. I just don’t think I would rate The Now 5 stars.
Recently I had the opportunity to help out a new budding kids charity, Kids Changing Lives, based in Ajax Ontario. It started out as me helping a friend during the first talk with the founder/friend and then slowly became more of a long term commitment (which I have no issue with). I’ve always felt the need to use this talent toward the greater good in some way or the other. And this was perfect.
The logo and website were done in time for the first event! Back to School, was a circus theme event complete with cotton candy, popcorn, hotdogs, 3 activity station for the kids and the best part, it was all FREE! An amazing opportunity to show the kids a good time and have them learn how to be a ‘world changer’ and given the choice to choose if they want to help other less fortunate kids/making a difference in the world.
Can’t wait for my little one to be old enough to participate in this!